Bachelor of science in computer science
In our computer science program, you’ll get a broad education in the science and application of computing. You’ll learn to design and implement software systems and apply computing theory to the process. You’ll understand the hardware architectures underlying software systems, and the mathematics that provide the basis for science and computing.
The program also requires you to gain experience in other scientific disciplines and develop effective communication skills.
Preparing for the future
The program was established and designed to prepare students to satisfy the needs of local and regional companies and organizations that use or design computers and/or software. Our industry advisory board helps us stay current with those needs.
Many students go on to graduate studies in computer science.
As a graduate of the WSU Vancouver Computer Science program:
- You will be a knowledgeable and skilled computer scientist.
- You will exhibit the workplace behaviors expected by employers.
- You will be committed to high standards of professionalism.
- You will adapt to the changing landscape of computer science.
- Program design and development
- Computer security
- Advanced data structures
- Introduction to artificial intelligence
- Computer game design
Minor in computer science
You may choose a minor in computer science to complement a major in a different subject. Your course of study must be approved in advance by the computer science academic coordinator.
The minor in computer science consists of 21 credit hours with specific course requirements.